Update 24-March 2021
Important information regarding Training Camp 3 and Covid-19 restrictions
Training Camp 3 is getting closer and we are still struggling with Covid-19. At the moment it seems that it will be possible for us to organize the camp, but with the currently applied Covid-19 measures the main challenge will be for the athletes to enter Denmark from abroad. We have been in contact with the authorities and the following is a summary of the restrictions applying for teams and related personnel when travelling into Denmark for the training camp:
- You must obtain a COVID-19 test before entry in order to enter into Denmark. All air passengers, including are required to present a negative COVID-19 test when boarding a flight with a destination in Denmark. All entrants must also obtain a COVID-19 test upon arrival or after entry into Denmark.
- After you enter Denmark from abroad, you must isolate at an isolation site for 10 days. The mandatory isolation may be prematurely broken after obtaining a negative PCR test taken no earlier than the fourth day after entry into Denmark. The result of a PCR test is normally available after 24-48 hours. The total time of isolation will then be 5-6 days.
- An isolation site may be a private home and adjacent private garden or a similar suitable facility (e.g., a hotel room) that allows for accommodation and access to all basic necessities, including food and drink. There are no specific requirements regarding the isolation site, including its physical characteristics.
- The self-isolation requirement means that you must not leave the isolation site. This means that you must not leave to shop for groceries or similar errands. Ask persons outside the isolation to assist with grocery shopping, and to place the groceries outside the door of the isolation site.
- You may temporarily interrupt your isolation to seek necessary treatment in the health service, including to obtain a rapid test (antigen) or PCR test for COVID-19.
- You can use public transport to get to your isolation site. You must wear a facemask or visor during transport if you use public transport.
- If you test positive in the airport, you will be offered transport to your isolation site. The specifics of this service will vary from airport to airport.
- No invitation is needed to enter Denmark.
You can find more information here: https://en.coronasmitte.dk/rules-and-regulations/entry-into-denmark
We know that these restrictions will probably cause that most teams will prefer to stay at home. Right after Easter new sets of measures will probably be applied, but we do not expect any significant changes to the above listed entry regulations.
If any teams from abroad register and attend the camp, it will be organised. If not, it will be cancelled. Decision will be taken after entry deadline 8 April. Please give us an indication as soon as possible if you plan to attend the camp under the given conditions.
TC3 Bulletin 1 will not be published before 8 April. Please ask directly on email, if you have any questions regarding the Covid-19 measures or the training camp.
/WOC2022 Organizing Committee
Update 28-August 2020
Small adjustment of WOC2022 dates
2022 will be a fantastic sports summer in the Triangle Area. WOC dates have been slightly adjusted to coordinate with the world’s greatest cycling event, the Tour de France, that will be opening with a prolog and two full stages in Denmark that summer.
WOC2022 races will be held from 26-June to 30-June 2022. The exact dates for the WOC Tour races will be announced as soon as possible. After WOC and WOC Tour, stick around for a few days and take the opportunity to experience the Tour de France coming through Vejle and Kolding – it will be a grand party!
The embargoed areas as well as the new dates have been updated in Eventor. Bulletin 1 will be published shortly. Find out more about the programme here
/WOC2022 Organizing Committee
Event dates for WOC 2022 published
The final dates for WOC 2022 have now been set, and we are happy to announce that the races will take place from 29-June to 3-July 2022. Find out more about the programme here
/WOC2020 Organizing Committee
REFUNDS FOR WOC TOUR ENTRY FEES
Dear WOC Tour runners
WOC and WOC Tour have been postponed to the summer of 2022. Due to the long postponement, we find it most natural to refund all entry fees now and start afresh with new entries when the details of the WOC Tour 2022 have been defined.
If you have signed up for the WOC Tour in Orienteering Online and have already made the payment to WOC2020’s bank account, please read on:
In order to make the transfers, we shall need the following information:
- Full name and address of the bank account holder
- SWIFT address/ BIC
Please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org and please also state the amount you have paid and the names of the entrants concerned.
In the hope of seeing you all in 2022 😊
/The WOC Tour team
WOC2020 will be postponed to 2022
In consultation with Danish event stakeholders and the IOF, a decision has been made to postpone WOC2020 in Denmark to the summer of 2022. The event, which was originally scheduled to have been held in July 2020, was at first postponed to October this year, but due to the heavy impact that we still experience from the Covid-19 pandemic, we no longer regard it to be possible to have a WOC in Denmark in fall 2020. Not only will the many restrictions due to Corona provide major logistic challenges, but more importantly we shall not be able to guarantee freedom of movement, fairness of the competitions or medical safety for neither athletes nor spectators.
WOC 2022 in Denmark will be held as a 6 day event in the period between 24-June and 5-July. The planning of the event takes place in coordination with the World Games and other international events, and the exact dates will be announced as soon as possible.
The postponement to 2022 has been made possible only through a common effort and great cooperativeness from all parties. We especially wish to thank the Scottish WOC organizers, who have shown great flexibility and have agreed to move their event to 2024.
It is with great regret that we have had to make the decision that it is impossible for us to organize WOC in Denmark in the fall of 2020. We know how frustrating this news will be to all athletes. We hope for your understanding, and we sincerely hope that other competition opportunities will show themselves in the months to come.
The dates for the Selections Races have been set to September 5-6 2020. The event will be world ranking. An updated invitation will be available here om the website within a few weeks.
/WOC2020 Organizing Committee
Many details have yet to fall into place, but we can now announce that the currently planned dates for WOC 2020 are 5 to 7 days within the period from October 9-18. We are working on a more detailed schedule within this time period taking into consideration venue availability, day light considerations and the overall program for the week.
If October proves impossible due to Covid-19, we shall continue planning according to the principles laid out by the Council this weekend.
/WOC2020 Organizing Committee
The Covid-19 Pandemic has great consequences all over Europe and the rest of the world. As the situation is looking presently, we regard it to be impossible to organize a WOC in July with equal and fair training opportunities for everybody. We have therefore decided that:
- WOC2020 will be postponed to a future date to be announced as quickly as possible.
- The Selection Races, scheduled to be held on 30-31 May, will be postponed correspondingly. Future dates to be announced.
- Training Camp 4, scheduled for 11-15 May, will be cancelled.
- Training Camp 5, scheduled for 1-3 June, is maintained for now. Stay informed on the website.
- New training opportunities are being planned and will be announced as soon as possible.
- Bulletin 3, to have been published on 6-April, will appear later – and no later than three months prior to WOC.
For WOC Tour runners, please refer to the WOC Tour page for information.
If you have booked accommodation through the WOC Office, you need not do anything. Information will follow when a new date has been announced.
Thank you for your understanding.
/The WOC2020 organizing committee
Covid-19, update 25-March (+small addition 29-March)
The situation concerning the COVID-19 Pandemic develops extremely fast. This may potentially affect the planning of WOC2020, and we know it also creates great uncertainty for all of you who are looking forward to visiting WOC2020 either as runners or as guests.
We in the WOC organizing team are monitoring the situation closely and keep contact with the Danish authorities. We are still planning towards a WOC in July, but at same time we recognize the seriousness of the situation, and we are looking into different alternatives in the fall. Hopefully, we shall be wiser within next few weeks, and we shall be able to announce a final decision.
Regarding the WOC Tour we have made the following changes:
- The Early Bird deadline is postponed to 1-May
- We encourage you to still make your entries in Orienteering Online, but NOT transfer any payments until you receive notice from the WOC Tour organization.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement, all fees will naturally be refunded.
We thank you for your understanding and your patience in this challenging situation.
The WOC organizing committee